7.29.2009

Stuffed Peppers

Today my mom drove in for a visit from Texas. This is about an 8 hour drive. So you're thinking, I need to have a nice dinner planned, right? That would be right if my mom left her house at a normal time, but since she's not one to do things normally, she left at 5:00 in the morning and arrived just in time for lunch.

I need to give a shout out to my friend, Lindsey (Hey Lindsey!) for giving me the recipe to these stuffed bell peppers. They were amazing! Real comfort food on a cloudy day. I paired the peppers with some carrot "fries" that I roasted with olive oil and rosemary. Even pre-schoolers gobbled them up!

After lunch, my 4 year-old helped me out with a little project. You may have seen last week that I dehydrated some fruits and veggies. Those, by the way, turned out great. My favorite thing out of that whole random batch was the green apples that I sprinkled with cinnamon. I decided to do an entire bag of apples this time. Thanks to my grandmother, I had a handy dandy apple peeler, corer, slicer doohickey that got all the apples cranked out in about 10 minutes (with the help on my daughter). In no time, those slices were layed out on all 8 trays and sprinkled with cinnamon. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment