7.23.2009

Tortillas y Enchiladas!!

So, like I said, busy day. I tried out a new tortilla recipe that consists of flax, almond and buckwheat flour. Super easy to put the batter together but tedious to make...unless you have my handy dandy 3-in-1 waffle maker! The grill plates flip over for a nice, flat surface. All I had to do was brush some oil on the plates, drop a ball of dough in the middle, press and 30 seconds later, there it was. Hot delicious tortilla!




This will really open up some doors to meal options. Like tonight's dinner, for instance, ENCHILADAS! I have to admit, every time I have ever made enchiladas, I have used a can of enchilada sauce. Unfortunately, for this diet, I have yet to find sauce that is approved for this Phase 1 diet, so I was on my own. The result was nothing short of the greatest enchiladas I have ever made! Granted, some cheesy mess in it would have been nice but these babies held their own, even without the cheese.
I used the fresh stock from the chicken breasts that I had just boiled, to make the sauce. The sauce was easily thickened with some arrowroot powder. I seasoned the shredded chicken breasts with onion, cumin, garlic, fresh cilantro and a few green chilies, then tossed it in some sour cream. I added a small can of green chilies and some fresh tomatoes to the sauce and topped the enchiladas with it. After 15 minutes in the oven, the tortillas crisped up and were ready to give thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Those look good! I'm so proud of you. But seriously! When are you finding time to make all this home cookin'!?

    ReplyDelete