7.19.2009

I did it!

I made it through a full 2 weeks and I have to admit, I'm starting to feel really good! It was funny this morning my husband commented that I've been sweet all weekend, and very smiley. ???? Am I usually a raging you-know-what? I guess I'll take that as a compliment. He was actually really sweet to me this morning too. He woke me up with a cup of coffee and after church, he offered to take me to eat wherever I wanted to go. And I think to his surprise, I just really was in the mood to go home and grill some chicken. This is so not like us. Usually, I want to go eat somewhere and he's just dying to get home to start his poker tournaments, so then we're both in bad moods.


We had a great lunch. I seasoned some chicken with Caribbean jerk seasonings, made a grilled zucchini salad, and made an extra side of frozen mixed veggies for the rest of the family. I can't eat that since it's got peas and green beans in it. I did pick out of few pieces of carrot, though. Tonight, I will attempt my 2nd batch (different recipe) of pancakes.

*UPDATE*


I soooo loved these pancakes! Even my 4-year old approved. The first time I attempted pancakes was last week using coconut flour and they did not get eaten. Then she told me she wants "my regular ingredients." This time, I used almond flour. They are also dairy-free. simmering in some grapeseed oil
topped with Mixed Berry Compote

On a side note, here's evidence that my 4 year-old will one day be a great chef...she's already plating her food for presentation!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Two hard weeks down, I'm proud of you! All your fresh cooking looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete