7.19.2009

Saturday Morning Heaven


Yesterday started off perfectly with unusually cool temperatures and the smell of bacon filling the air. Ah, a normal food I can actually eat. My hubby made scrambled eggs and bacon for the whole family, forgoing the toast so he wouldn't tempt me. That is the sweetest gesture of all. When I finally rolled out of bed, I added a few fresh tomatoes from the garden to the bacon-greased skillet and added a touch of salt. Then, noticing there was no bread and butter for him and the kids, I assured him that it would not bother me one bit and thanked him for his selflessness. I then pulled out a couple slices of my simple bread from the freezer and toasted it under the broiler. Let's not forget the slather of salted butter on top for indulgence purposes. My grandfather used to tell my mom, "If you can't see your teeth marks in it, then you didn't put enough on". The final touch to the meal was to top the eggs with the huge helping of pico that I had made the day before. The pico was made fresh from tomatillos, red bell pepper, jalapeno, onion and garlic that I had roasted under the broiler and then pulsed in my food chopper with salt and fresh cilantro.


veggies right out of the oven



the finished masterpiece

1 comment:

  1. OK, it's been way too long since we've talked! I didn't know you were doing this! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete