8.06.2009

Souvlaki

So, I guess with Mom here, I got a little sidetracked. Sorry! You didn't miss much, though. I basically repeated some recipes as well as ate out a few times. I did make a roast one night that turned out pretty good. Of course, I served all the potatoes for to rest of the family.
And just on a side note, you can make gravy from the pan drippings using arrowroot powder to thicken it instead of flour. You'll never tell the difference. And a special thanks to my hubby for taking a break from his Scrabble game to take a picture of my roast!

Tonight, we had Souvlaki. These are a favorite in my family. Normally, I make rice to go with it but made quinoa instead. Actually, I burned the first batch of quinoa and the second batch wasn't ready until after we were done eating. So, it was a good thing we weren't that hungry tonight. All you need to do to make it yourself is marinate the meat (beef, chicken or lamb) in olive oil, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Also use this mixture to coat onions, sweet bell peppers and tomatoes. Skewer and grill it! See, this diet is easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment