7.29.2009

Italian Chili?

It was one of those, "what am I going to do for dinner?" moments at around 4:30 p.m. (2 nights ago). Uh, dunno. So I grabbed some meat and thawed it, looked in the pantry and saw some cans of tomatoes. Okay, I'll make spaghetti. Although, that sucks for me as I can't have spaghetti noodles. Oh well, the family needed to be fed. I do actually make the best meat sauce ever. Ah, familiar food. I put the sauce together in no time and put on some water to boil. During that time, I racked my brain trying to come up with something I could have under my sauce. Brilliant"!", I use almond flour for everything else, why not make my own noodles with it?! I was so quick and efficient, I had my own almond spaghetti ready by the time the family's noodles were done cooking!Impressive, huh? Although, I actually DON'T recommend this. Once I dropped it in the water, it broke apart in a million tiny pieces and only tasted like mushy almonds. Gross. No wonder I haven't been able to find any recipes for noodles. Dang it. Then I started thinking. Some people put chili on spaghetti noodles so why not do it backwards. I'll have spaghetti sauce like a regular bowl of chili. Basically, I gave up...but it was still sooo satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment