7.22.2009

Pizza Night! Finally.

It kinda took all day, though. Instead of picking up the phone and waiting 30 minutes for a pizza to be delivered, I started with a bag on yellow onions. Yup, the base of the dough is onions and sunflower seeds. Weird, huh? I hauled my onions to a friend's house last night to use her food processor. I figured my blender wouldn't quite do the trick. I pureed the onions and seeds with some olive oil and salt, then put it in a bowl and went home.








Today, all I had to do was spread some "dough" out onto parchment paper, then bake. Only, it bakes in a low oven for 2 hours! And I did 2 crusts. Yup, about 4 1/2 hours later, there was my crust.

Not done yet! At dinner time, I had to add the toppings and bake another 15 minutes. I think it was worth it. Tonight, the toppings were roasted red pepper, purple bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, fresh basil, and a sprinkle of feta cheese (I was told I could in SMALL amounts).



*TIP*
The pizza sauce I used is Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce. It is all Phase 1 ingredients, nothing I can't have. It comes in a can but for the size pizzas I made, it didn't use half the can. I'm not one to waste so I froze the rest of the sauce in an ice cube tray. Next time I want to make an individual size pizza, all I have to do is pop out 1 or 2 cubes and thaw. This works great for pestos too!

No comments:

Post a Comment